Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Nov 30, 2012

Countdown To Christmas

There must be dozens if not hundreds (or maybe thousands) of ways to count down the month of December to Christmas Day.

Our family has had the same countdown tradition now for a number of years and each year my kiddos look forward to what little surprise is behind each little number.

It must have been 4 or 5 years ago that I made this with a few friends and I still love it. I like that it can grow with my family and I can change it to meet our needs as my kids get older.

DSC_0178

Since December starts tomorrow I need to get my slips of paper ready and get them hidden behind each day of the month. I include things like singing Christmas carols, reading a scripture verse, reading a favorite Christmas book and I do a few biggies like “hop in the car, we are going out for hot chocolate and donuts” or “get your warm clothes on, we are going out to see the Christmas lights”.

I always keep a master sheet of what each day is so if we change our plans I can discreetly make changes so the days work out.

DSC_0179

Back when I made this I could not find magnet sheets to back each square so I pieced together smaller magnet pieces. I just bought some Silhouette magnet 8.5X11 sheets from Make It Scrappin that would be perfect for this project.

No matter how you count down the days of December, enjoy each and every one of them! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

1 comment: