Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Nov 2, 2012

November Eats

I love fall cooking!! Nothing like soup and a yummy pumpkin dessert on a fall afternoon! I thought I would move slightly away from crafting and share a yummy dessert that is perfect for this time of year. I found the recipe for Pumpkin Bars on Real Mom Kitchen last year and it has become one of my absolute fav's! This recipe is super easy to make and an added bonus is that it make more than enough to feed a decent size gathering. I don’t know how many times I have made this recipe but it has quickly become a family favorite! Happy November!! DSC_0028 6 eggs
1 1/2 cup oil
3 cups sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 large can (29 oz) pumpkin
3 1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. salt
chocolate chips and/or cream cheese frosting Mix together eggs, oil, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin.  Fold in dry ingredients and pour into jelly roll pan (13 x 18 pan) .  (At this point I sprinkle half the pan with 1 cup of chocolate chips) Bake at 350 for 30 to 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Do not over bake.  Frost with cream cheese frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting (I use this recipe to frost half the cake.  You could use it to frost the whole thing, but I like a good layer.  So if you frost the whole pan, I would recommend doubling this recipe) 1 (8 oz) package of cream cheese (I use light)
8 Tablespoons butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla Blend together cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Beat in podered sugar and vanilla.







1 comment:

  1. MmmmmmmMMmMmm! My tummy's growling already! Can't wait to try this one! --Andrea

    ReplyDelete