Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Dec 7, 2012

My Mind's Eye Christmas Layout

Hello friends! It's Heather and I have another fun holiday layout to share with you today using the ADORABLE Winter Wonderland collection from My Mind's Eye. I love the bright colors in this collection, it was really fun to work with. Here is my layout:


 My cute nephews got their picture taken with 'Santa' (it was their dad dressed as Santa, how cute is that??) and the bright colors in the photo matched perfectly with the bright colors in the papers. I used a cute sketch from Jenny Evans as inspiration, and then just ran with it. I started with some spray ink on white cardstock. I figured out that if you depress the nozzle slowly you get the bigger paint splatters, vs the fine mist you get when you depress it quickly. I like the bigger splatters so it took a lot of trial and error to figure that out!

Next I cut out a bunch of solid circles and circle frames on my die cutting machine out of several different coordinating papers and layered them beneath my photo. I topped them with some cute buttons and chipboard shapes for a fun, whimsical look.


I used a sticker as my title (love what a time saver that is!!) and added some additional stickers and my project was complete! I hope you enjoyed my project, thanks so much for stopping by today!!

2 comments: