Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Dec 13, 2012

Quick & Easy Holiday Layout using MME

Hello! Heather here with a quick and easy holiday layout that you can complete in 30 minutes or less. So we're in the thick of the holiday season, which is a very busy time for most of us. Often times we end up setting aside our scrapbooking time for more important tasks such as holiday shopping, baking and visiting with friends and family. But we still have those fun holiday photos that we want to get into books, right? Today I am going to show you how you can create a cute holiday layout in 30 minutes or less by using coordinating papers and embellishments. I got the privelege of playing with the most ADORABLE Winter Wonderland Collection from My Mind's Eye. This collection is great because it will work well for your holiday layouts, or just your winter themed pages equally. Here is my layout:
When I am trying to get a layout done in a hurry I usually start with a sketch I like. It takes a lot of the guess work out of it and allows you to just get to creating. Here I used a sketch from Creative Scrappers (#204) as a starting off point. I also created a title using the matching embellishments that coordinate with the line. Here I created a banner with some stickers and (the cutest!) baker's twine, and added some additional chipboard stickers to spell the "Merry Christmas".
I then added some additional fun chipboard elements around the page. I love that these have an adhesive backing, so it makes them very user-friendly (and fast!). Also- the cute candy caned striped border piece is also a sticker- more time saved!
The green polka dot strip was from the edge of the paper where they have the bar code, collection title and a preview of what is on the other side of the paper. I like to cut these out and use them- then I can use an element of the pattern without cutting into my 12x12 piece! These little present embellies are also chipboard- so much fun!
 OMG- I think I am just IN LOVE with these enamel dots! They are such a fun way to add a little pop of color or a confetti look and they are adhesive-backed so no hole punching!!

I hope you have enjoyed my project today and are inspired to take 30 minutes to get some fun holiday layouts completed while in the midst of this busy season. Thanks for stopping by today!

3 comments: