Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Jul 1, 2013

Mustache Frame


About a month and a half ago, I snagged some great bare wooden frames from Pick Your Plum at a steal! Since then, I've been trying to decided what I wanted to do with them. The shapes are so cute but do I paint them one color or try something more fun? For one of them, I decided to try something fun and as a gift for Father's Day. I have loved the mustache trend, especially because I have two little guys myself.

It was super simple. I painted the edges orange and then painted the frame cream, being sure to be careful around the edges. Next, I had to make a stencil with mustaches.

The stencil was pretty easy to do with my Silhouette machine. I purchased a mustache shape from their online store, sized it down to the size I wanted and then repeated it. I used the grid in my program to space them out the best that I could. I cut the stencil out on vinyl. I used brown paint to fill in the mustaches, let it dry, and then peeled off the vinyl. And voila! A cute, easy frame to show off our little boys.


1 comment: