Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Sep 24, 2013

Quick and Easy "Happy Birthday" Card







Just like dinnertime, sometimes when you're crafting you need a recipe that is deceptively quick and easy.  Using the lovely Summer Garden stack from DCWV, I made this birthday card for my Grandma in just a few minutes, and I was so happy with how it turned out!  To create the card base, I just took one of the pages from the stack that had a plain burlap-type print on the back, and folded it to create a card.  The decorative edge of the page made such a pretty edge to the card.  Then I just punched a whole bunch of butterflies and flowers from the different brightly colored pages of the stack and arranged and adhered them in a circle.  I wrote the sentiment myself, but you could also use a stamp if you're not a big fan of your handwriting.  As a last step, I used liquid pearls to accent the butterfly bodies.  I was in such a hurry with this card that I had to let it sit on the dashboard of my car on the way over to my grandma's house so the pearls would dry in the sun, but we made it! 






2 comments: