Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Nov 7, 2012

Picture That Sound And MME Memory Box Gift

If you are here for the Scrapbook USA expo Blog Hop. WELCOME!  Click Here

Hello!  Andrea here with a great gift idea as the holidays approach.  I wanted to create something handmade that was pretty to look at, but also had the POW of emotional impact.  The result?  This memory box!


So what's the theory of a "memory box" and how did I create it?  I wanted to make something for my mom, who has filled my life with gifts from her talented sewing hands.  She made me beautiful clothes while I was growing up, she sewed a quilt for me when I got married, and she kept my dolls stylin' when I was a kid by surprising me with new outfits for them.  She is so talented in any sort of handwork and I wanted to honor her for that.  So I put together some notions and fabric to fill the inside of the box:


On these items, I wrote some of my favorite sewing-related memories of her (stamped onto the cloth that unrolls from the spools, written on the back of the button packages, etc.).

Next, I included this nifty recordable card from  Picture that Sound (Special web code at the bottom of the post).  It's a company that makes cards which you can embellish and record a message onto.  You get 20 seconds of recording time to leave just the right sentiment for your loved one.

The card started out like this:


(Front and back views-- you can decorate either side)


And I made it into this.  My mom will just push the "play" button on the back to hear my message.


Adding a personalized message instantly makes any gift more memorable!  So with the notes written to my mom on the sewing notions and a card with a recorded message, I'm hoping she'll see just how much I love and cherish the beautiful things she's made me over the years.


For this project, I used paper, stickers and embellishments from "The Sweetest Thing" collection from My Mind's Eye.  Always LOVE pretty much anything that MME cranks out!  I also used stick pins from Maya Road and flowers from Prima, some of my other favorite brands.


So if you're struggling to know what to give someone this year, try a memory box filled with things they love, and reasons why you love them, too!  And keep checking my blog for other great holiday ideas!

Shop early!! Picture That Sound has their products Buy 1 Get 1 Free for a limited time! visit them at www.picturethatsound.com and use the code "EarlyBird" to save!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that is a fabulous gift! Your mom will love it for sure. Beautiful job on the card, love the distressing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Beautiful how everything ties together.

    ReplyDelete