Next Show March 28th and 29th



Home i Classes i Tickets i vendors i Unique-Opportunities i FAQ's i Pricing/Details i Blog

Jan 29, 2014

Card Kits for Juvenile Detention Center

Last April I was able to drop a few hundred card kits to the Juvenile Detention Center. I received an e-mail in the fall and discovered they were an absolute HIT! With these kits the young ladies are able to assemble a card and then write a letter home to a relative, friend or other loved one.

I have a soft spot for the detention center's because when I was 16 years old I volunteered there for a summer and found it to be an amazing opportunity! I know these cards will be a real blessing in the lives of these youth and their family's!


Kits are easy to do! Instead of finishing your card, put all the supplies into a ziploc baggie (sandwich size) along with a black and white photo (photocopy is fine) of what the finished card should look like. Easy Peasy! The nice thing is that you can make 25 or 30 of these and using an assembly line like process, get them bagged up and ready to go. My daughters love helping me with these. We have spent a few Friday nights working on these and hope to have a large box by the end of March.


In addition to bringing your card kits from home, stop by our "Make-n-Donate" area at the show and work with us to get some card kits assembled and ready to go.

Have fun with this and I can't wait to see the kits that come to the show this March!

No comments:

Post a Comment